Social security

Social security

If you receive Bürgergeld or social benefit, the contributions to statutory health and long-term care insurance are paid by the Groß-Gerau District Municipal Jobcenter. The contributions are paid directly each month.

If you had private health insurance before you started receiving Bürgergeld, contributions to private health insurance can also be covered. Please contact us about this.

No contributions are paid to the statutory pension insurance scheme when you receive Bürgergeld or social benefit.
However, the municipal Jobcenter Kreis Groß-Gerau reports the period of receipt to the pension insurance.

You will be informed in writing about the periods of receipt of Bürgergeld or Sozialgeld reported to the pension insurance provider at the end of receipt of the benefit and/or at the end of the year.

Please note: If you are a student, receive Bürgergeld or Sozialgeld as a loan or only receive benefits for the initial furnishing of a flat, this will not be taken into account for the crediting period in the pension insurance.